Enjoy the beach outside your door – swim in the quiet bay, launch your boat nearby in Mill Bay, bring your kayak or canoe (storage available) and explore the bay (or hire one of our kayaks or paddleboards), go fishing and cook your catch up on the BBQ. Savour the sunset at the end of the day or enjoy the short stroll to shops and restaurants.
Coopers Beach is a seaside playground for you to enjoy.
There is lots of room for the kids to play and with the beach on your doorstep you will never be short of things to do or places to visit. Alternatively relax on the balcony or patio and enjoy expansive sea views or fall asleep to the soothing sound of the ocean.
- A chest freezer is available in the guest laundry for guests to use – to store bait and the fish you catch!
- Fish benches for cleaning are situated at the rear of the motel.
- Parking available for small boats.
- The golden sands of tree lined Coopers Beach – 2.5kms or 30 mins one way.
- San Marino is beside the headland park of Rangikapiti Pa Historic reserve – walk up to the Pa to see fantastic views of Doubtless Bay and read the story of the land.
- Walk to Mangonui fishing village – world famous fish and chips, shops to browse, cafes just a 30 minute walk or 2 minutes in a car.
- Walk to Coopers Beach shops, restaurants and takeaways.
More info on: http://www.doubtlessbay.co.nz/
Explore the Far North
In the heart of Doubtless Bay, we are close to several major golf courses.
- Visit the many quiet bays and deserted beaches of the Far North.
- Go wine tasting at New Zealand’s northern most wineries at Karikari Estate and Okahu Estate.
- Play a round of golf at Carrington Resort and Kauri Cliffs.
- Go to the very top of New Zealand and explore the landscape of Cape Reinga – daily bus tours take you via 90 Mile Beach.
- It’s just 45 minutes drive south to the Bay of Islands.
- Visit Ahipara and the beginning of 90 Mile beach for great surf, horse riding and quad bike tours.